Advertisement to be published in “The Assam Tribune and Dainik Asam” on 27 April 2022
In pursuance of DHE’s letter No.DHE/CE/Misc/49/2021/Pt/5 dtd.09/02/2022 and DE, BTC’s letter No.DE/BTC/HE/SIU-52/Pt-1/2019/594 dtd.16.03.2022, applications are invited in the format prescribed by the DHE, Assam for the post of Assistant Professor and Assam Gazette (Part-IX) Standard Form of Application for the post of Grade III/IV along with complete Bio-data and all testimonials from HSLC onwards from eligible candidates for recruitment of the following vacant sanctioned Post.
- Assistant Prof. in History -02 Post, SC-01 & STP(P)-01
- Assistant Prof. in Botany -01 Post, UR
- Junior Assistant (Grade III) -01 Post, UR
- Library Bearer (Grade IV) -01 Post, UR
- Laboratory Bearer (Grade IV) -01 Post, UR
Educational Qualification & Other Details:
1. Assistant Professor: The Educational qualifications and selection procedure will be as per Assam Govt. Office Memorandum No.AHE.239/2021/68 dated Dispur, the 24th January, 2022 besides NET/SLET/SET as mandatory eligibility conditions. Candidates having Ph.D. degree in accordance with the UGC Regulation of 30th June 2010 (minimum standard and procedure for award of Ph.D. degree regulation 2009) shall be exempted from NET/SLET.
Candidates must have to acquire requisite qualification latest by the date of submission of the application. Other eligibilities like M.Phil./Ph.D./Seminar papers/ Publications can be acquired and may be submitted on the date of interview but not beyond.
Candidates from outside of states are requested to go through Govt. Notification No.AHE.429/2021/Pt.3, dated 01.02.2022. Candidates must have proficiency in local language. Candidate in service must go through Govt. OM No.ASE.626/2021/3 dated 15/12/2021.
Preference shall be given to the candidates as per Govt. order No.BTC/EDN-85/2021-22/24 dtd. 16.03.2022 and No.DE/BTC/HE/SIU-52/Pt-1/2019/594 dtd.16.03.2022
2. Junior Assistant (Grade III): Candidates must have passed Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably Commerce background with Accountancy) and Computer Certificate/Diploma of minimum 6 month’s duration.
Preference shall be given to the candidates belonging to BTAD as per Govt. order No.BTC/EDN-85/2021-22/24 dtd. 16.03.2022 and No.DE/BTC/HE/SIU-52/Pt-1/2019/594 dtd.16.03.2022
The candidates applied for the post will have to appear in a written test and Computer Test.
3. Grade IV (Library Bearer & Laboratory Bearer): Candidates must have passed HSLC or equivalent examination
The candidates applied for the post will have to appear in a written test and Interview (Oral)
1. Assistant Professor: The age of the candidate should not be more than 38 years on 1st January, 2022 with relaxation as per Govt. rules for candidates of SC/ST (5 years); OBC/MOBC (3 years) and PWD (10 years).
2. Grade III/IV: The Candidate should not be less than 18 years and not more than 40 years as on 1st January 2022 with relaxation as per Govt. rules for candidates of SC/ST (5 years); OBC/MOBC (3 years) and PWD (10 years).
All applicants have to pay a nominal fee as application fee. The fee must be paid through a Non-refundable Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Secretary, Gossaigaon College, Gossaigaon payable at Gossaigaon. Post wise application fee is as mentioned below:
|Name of Post||Fee|
|Assistant Professor||Rs. 1,500/-|
|Junior Assistant (Grade III)||Rs. 350/-|
|Grade IV (Library/Laboratory Bearer)||Rs. 200/-|
The preparation of merit list for appointment against Assistant Professor will be done as per guideline prescribed by the Govt vide office memorandum No.AHE.239/2021/68 dtd.24.01.2022
The preparation of merit list for appointment against Grade III and Grade IV posts will be executed through following stages.
1. On the basis of the marks obtained in the written examination a list of all candidates shall be prepared in order of merit
2. Additionally, minimum qualifying marks obtained in the written examination, shall be determined by the selection committee to short list candidates, from the above list, to be called for Computer Test/Interview (Oral) in a ratio to be decided by the selection committee.
3. The final merit list for Grade III and Grade IV posts shall be based on the total marks obtained in the written examination and computer test or Interview (Oral) plus Academic marks as prescribed by the DHE, Assam vide letter No.DHE/CE/Misc/341/2016/12 dtd.29.04.2017
Application along with Demand Draft, complete Bio-data and all testimonials from HSLC onwards must reach to the undersigned within 15 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. Incomplete application will be rejected.
Eligible Shortlisted candidates will be displayed in the college website www.gossaigaoncollege.org in due course of time. No separate call letter will be issued.
No. TA/DA is admissible.
Principal & Secretary,
Gossaigaon College, Gossaigaon